3 Best Window Treatments for Covering Your Sliding Glass Doors
Finding treatments for sliding glass doors poses a unique challenge for many homeowners. You want something easy-to-use and beautiful to look at, but you also want to maximize the view and protect your interior from UV rays.
So which do you choose? Let’s dive into some options!
Why Drapes & Sheer Curtains Are Beautiful Options for Sliding Glass Doors
We have a lot of reasons to love drapes and sheer curtains — they really make a statement! — but in this case, they get the job done, too. Here’s why you should consider them for your sliding glass doors…
- Extremely easy to open and close
- Add visual height to your space and a touch of drama to the view
- When closed, will protect your hardwood floors and interiors from UV rays
- Don’t block UV rays when open
- Take up space against your wall
- Can require a little extra TLC to clean
Why You Should Choose Sheer Shades for Your Sliding Glass Doors
We love sheer shades for narrow windows by the front door, but they excel at covering sliding glass doors, too.
- Control and soften the intensity of outdoor light while giving you a view of the outdoors
- Gives you daytime and nighttime privacy
- Guard your floors and furniture against UV damage
- We can’t think of any!
Why Vertical Blinds Provide Great Coverage for Your Sliding Glass Doors
These aren’t your usually highly functional vertical blinds — they’re stylish! And they’re an excellent option for you sliding glass doors.
- Optimum privacy and security when closed
- Easy to clean and don’t collect dust
- Take up much less space than draperies
- Available in vinyl, fabric, wood, or woven wood
- No UV protection when open
Have a tricky window on your hands? We can help! Contact us with your design dilemmas and we’ll bring the best options right to you and your space. Problem solved!