Patio Prep Checklist for Summer Guests and Beating the Heat
Many of life’s greatest memories happen outside, so don’t wait until you have guests coming over to speed-prep your patio!
It doesn’t take too much work to turn your patio into a welcoming and comfortable outdoor entertaining space. Here’s a quick checklist to help you make it happen.
Print out the list, start chipping away, and you’ll be excited to invite over guests in no time!
Patio Prep Checklist
- Use water and mild dish soap to gently clean surfaces like plastic, wood, metal, and fabric
- Use steel wool to remove rust from any metal surfaces
- Give fabrics a run through the washing machine IF it is safe to do so (many are made from a combo of natural / synthetic materials, so read the label!)
Spice Up Your Space with New Finds:
- Furniture (plastic is easiest to keep clean, but teak is a good wood option)
- Lounge and/or dining chairs
- Larger table for meals
- Small tables for drinks and refreshments
- Plants and colorful flowers
- Candles (tableside or hanging)
- Drink coasters
- A place to hang grill utensils, like your handy-dandy tongs
- Other fun accessories you might want to include: _______________________
Keep Guests Cool & Bug-Free
- Rotate ceiling fans to counterclockwise (do this indoors, too!)
- Shade the space with outdoor patio shades or a large umbrella
- Consider insect netting or these retractable insect screens to protect from bites
- Keep a pitcher of iced tea or lemonade in the refrigerator at all times!
That’s it. See? Quick and painless! As always, feel free to reach out with any questions or to schedule your complimentary in-home consultation. We wish you many happy memories this summer!
Lana & the Made in the Shade Team
MITS Blinds & More helps people who are buying or building new homes and offices in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area. We help you find the best window coverings for your budget and lifestyle, all while offering high-quality collections and a unique experience. Plus, we bring the showroom to you!